Monday, June 8, 2009

Shopping extravaganza

Haven't done serious shopping for quite some time. The main reason is that I gain so much weight that I don't really care my outfit as much. Also it's not easy to get good looking clothes for this kind of body shape.

So after some sweat, I do feel my figure has improved a bit (although weight doesn't drop much). It's so hot like mid summer now that i feel the need of some new summer clothing (70% of my old summer clothes are "too small" now).

On Saturday, I went to Parker Place with my husband and got myself a rather short skort. It would be the best to wear in the hot summer days, the only down side it's a bit pricey...And people...please bear with me that my legs/thighs are huge but it's just too hot to wear long jeans! The rest of the day wasn't too great since cramps started to hurt me.

Fortunately, I am feeling better on Sunday. Only that we wish to have more sleep but still got waken up by H's friend's long distance call at 10:30. It's not "too early" but consider we are wishing to sleep till noon. Anyway, I got up later and prepare lunch. After that we went to Granville Island and spend $50 in the rubber stamp stores. Then we went to downtown Pacific Center.

Right after coming up from the parking lot, I already spent $100 in Jacob. They are having sales right now and price is not too bad. $30-$40 a piece versus $100 up in the specialty lingerie stores. Of course, the material is different. Polyester vs Silk... But it's not for "everyday" usage, I think it's fine.

After that, I tried on a few tops from Bebe. Too bad the Oakridge Bebe store has closed down so I haven't been there for a while. Usually there isn't too much for me because their clothing is generally too small. But this time I was able to find a few things. At last I got one regular price top and one half price sales item for $20. I really gave up the other two since they are still a bit tight if I pick the medium size. I hope after a month of work out I would fit the other two as well! So another $100 is gone...

Next stop, Holt Renfrew. It's "lucky" that I don't like anything in particular...so I came back with only a cosmetic sample on hand.

So far, everything I got is for myself so I feel a bit "guilty". Passing by Harry Rossen (next to HF) and seeing the 40% off sign, we went in to take a look. Yeah! I found a nice quality D&G t-shirt for my hubby. It's $200 but I decided to get him as the anniversary gift.

Finally, it's time for dinner. We had dinner in Cactus Club again. This time we had the mini-burger, yam fries again (yum!), Four mushroom steak and butter squash ravioli. $76 including tip.

After dinner, it's already too late for the movie. So we had a walk on Robson Street instead. I guess it's a mistake? 'Coz I got another dress from BCBG...Another $130 is gone...

This ends the spending of this weekend...phew...

Cactus Club Downtown




Mini burger appetizer


I love it!


Yam fries, the dipping sauce is excellent!


Butter squash ravioli


Four Mushroom Steak


Finally...

Plus this dress(picture from BCBG)

2 comments:

Bunny said...

oh wow nice dress!!!
I haven't done clothes shopping for a long time too, just can't seem to get back into it. All I think now is what to buy for dinner or snack....

Petti said...

It certainly looks a lot nicer on the model. On me...everything looks "stretch out", sideways!