Thursday, June 18, 2009

鄉愁 - Nostalgia

I like travelling.

Perhaps I just like to get away from reality at times. Only in vacation my mind wander around new places and I'm able to forget about work or other burden of life.

The truth is, I can't travel whenever I want, so I see my one-hour lunch as my temporary get-away. Sometimes I drive to downtown, Granville Island, or Fisherman Wharf. Yeah, one day I drove to White Rock but I guess I won't do it again, just too far.

Today, I want to go to some where special. I think of the Chinese temple close by. It makes me feel like I'm NOT where I am, for this kind of grand Chinese temple is not easily seen in western world. The running water, beautiful garden and the great Buddha statue, all contribute to this calm and peaceful environment.

International Buddhist Temple-國際佛教觀音寺

No comments: