Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Demand...Supply...

Recently I have received comments regarding my bluefin tuna dining experience.
While I found the way the comment express in the first place is rather offensive, the information is worth sharing.

60 Minutes on Bluefin Tuna
WWF Meet The Bluefin Tuna
Giant Bluefin Tuna of the Atlantic - Severity of Decline"
Tag-A-Giant Foundation
Tuna Research and Conservation Center - Hopkins Marine Station
Guide to Ocean Friendly Seafood

I don't think I can afford this heavenly tasted food all the time. And certainly I don't want to have it too often. There are things that you have tried once or twice and that's enough. However, what I am concern more is that, I am grew up in a tradition that we value sharkfin a lot. Whenever there is banquet/gathering/party, sharkfin soup is part of the main course. So, every year...I don't know how many got killed...

One day we might have no food left on Earth...because we ate all...because we let our desire go wherever we want...but I don't think I'll see that day. Perhaps my kids or grandkid or grand grand kid will (if I have any...).

"When the well's dry, we know the worth of water."
Benjamin Franklin, (1706-1790), Poor Richard's Almanac.

Information forwarded by Beauzie.

1 comment:

beauzie said...

Thank you for encouraging others to become informed regarding Bluefin Tuna. I apologize for having offended you. There was no ill intent...the only intention was trying to inform others so that we can help save Bluefin.