Thursday, I made fish soup. The fish soup then is good for fish soup + macaroni, fish soup with congee. That took care of both Friday lunch/dinner and Saturday lunch/dinner.
Saturday is the day for my first cooking class, organized by Ming Pao. I saw some discussion from local forum and it seems a good deal. $15 fee material included plus some goodies to take home. So I decided to sign up. Luckily I was able to get in the class as I knew later that some of my other friends couldn't get in. It's random draw so not every participants are able to get in.
The class started at 1pm and we were told to get there at 12:30. I was there even earlier as I want to get a better seat. Perhaps that's a "mistake"? Since we were there early, we were asked to take some pictures with the sponsored products. Hm...that's not really what I want. But I guess without sponsorship, the class fee wouldn't be that low.
Anyway, class started around 1pm. The instructor demonstrated how he cooked the dishes and followed by our to try out. The class is divided into 4 groups and each group is responsible for different dishes. My group is responsible for the scallop and the soy sauce chicken. I was helping out in marinating the scallop and pan frying. Well, I'm surprised that some "ladies" in my group wasn't helping out at all then what's the point of signing up? Oh well. There is also a 16-year old boy in my group. He joined the class as his mom signed up. Wow...what a good boy!! And he actually enjoyed cooking and took Home Economics in school. A future chef!
The big banner outside classroom. Feels like going back to high school.
Preparation
The soy sauce chicken is ready!
The dishes we learnt today: 豉油雞,碧綠帶子,薑蔥雞油飯,pizza.
Wonder why the scallop is not "碧綠"? The decoration is not there yet.
Finished product from my group:
Goodies to take home: brown rice, pizza dough, voucher for box of scallop and chicken
Sunday, I had facial appointment around noon. It's a home based facial from my friend's referral. I haven't done any facial for long time and first time to try home based ones. Not bad, especially for $35 and I guess the quality would be "consistent" since it's always done by the same person, unlike other stores that different staff serves you. Btw, my pain tolerant level is once again low. I almost scream when she squeezed the "black head" from my nose.
H is feeling better now so we decided to head out for dinner. Time for him to get some fresh air! We went to 牛仔餐廳 for dinner and waited 30 mins! I almost want to go to another restaurant. The fish soup rice noodle is good, but air con is bad, almost no air con. I seriously considered going there again next time.
1 comment:
Congrats on making the paper/magazine. hahaa
Wow $35!!!! That's SUCH a good price.
Chinese facial is never comfortable and I seriously think that it's actually bad for the skin
Post a Comment