Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Art Gallery Night

Sometimes, it happened that when I charge the cell phone battery at home, I forgot to put the cell phone back to handbag and therefore no cell phone with me that day. Since then I often bring the cell phone charger to work. Today I knew the cell phone is going to run out of battery. I had a moment to think about bring the charger back to work again, but a second thought came to me that I don't really need the cell phone today as I'm going straight back to home after work, and I didn't plan to go out during lunch hour.

But as always, there are always unexpected things happened.

My ex coworker has asked me to go to visit the Vancouver Art Gallery, featuring the Vermeer, Rembrandt and the Golden Age of Dutch Art, Masterpieces from The Rijksmuseum since June. And until now, the exhibition is in its final week. She messaged me this morning and mentioned the exhibition again. And she told me that the gallery only open late on Tuesday and Thursday. Since I always have late meeting on Thursday, it's better to go on Tuesday, and that's today!

I am ok to get off work a bit earlier. But I need my cell phone to stay in contact. And I especially need it when I'm taking public transportation at night time, after the gallery visit.

I got home, and searched for my old cell phone that I can't even remembered when was the last time I used it. And surprisingly, I am still able to make calls.

I was a bit lucky that the gallery admission is by donation on Tuesday after 6pm, otherwise I would need to pay the full price of $20.50, to me it's a bit pricey. We saw a lot of nice painting, some silverware and chinaware. Anyway, after the visit, we went to have a light meal (crepe) and head home. And I totally forgot to borrow the phone to make a call to home first! And now that I'm on the skytrain, the cell phone is only managed to call and make one dial tone and stopped. Thinking of walking two blocks to home after getting off the skytrain at 10pm...I was a bit concerned...

Getting off the skytrain, I was about to walk as fast as I could and "stay alert" all the time. But then I was relieved, I saw my hubby coming towards the station. Just about the right timing :)

2 comments:

Bunny said...

10pm @ skytrain is a big scary...

Petti said...

There was a group of teenage girls getting on the skytrain as well. So I kinda stay "closer" to them pretending I'm in the same group and not alone...haahaa :D