This is the n-th time that I have been to Portland this year, or I should say, in these 2 months. I started to feel like it's closer now. It used to be my mini getaway location but now it seems like it's as close as I go to a near by town.
We went there to pick up my poor hubby's car, since the car is broken down earlier and towed to the Portland dealership. Now after giving up 3 grand and it's time to pick up.
We are lucky, as my hubby's friend A is giving us a "free" ride to Portland. Otherwise we gotta take a plane or train or just extra headache to get there.
At 6:15am Saturday, a bright red sport car stopped by our front door. It's certainly my hubby's dream car. Not much lineup at custom. And yeah, A is showing off the "power of the car" in the tunnel that I have to hold on to the handle. And we got to Portland (from border) in 4 hours! And even with a bit traffic congestion to the dealership place, we managed to arrive there in 5 hours! That is from my home to dealership! It's amazing! And by the time we got there...so little gas left!
After we pick up the car, we went to a camera store since A like to buy a new camera. We were browsing around for a camera bag but no good deals there. Anyway, after that we went to Brightport Village for lunch (pasta). It's already close to 3. It's a bit surprised that both A and me pick the same pasta dish! After lunch A head back home (I call him crazy to drive >12hr in a day!) and I continue to shop in Brightport Village for a while until we had dinner in Cheesecake Factory in Washington Square, our usual dining place in Portland.
In a way, A reminds me of a person. Maybe it's the way he talks (a Taiwanese with very fluent English), or the way he dress up, I don't know.
The next day, I did a bit shopping in Michaels and then went to Grotto for a visit. I've been there with travel agency many years ago but didn't feel as special as this time. Will talk about that in the next post.
Started to head home around 3pm but gosh...traffic is so busy near Tacoma area for no reason plus road work after 202exit which merges 3 lanes to 1. Finally get back to Vancouver in 10:30. That's 7 hour drive (with 2 washroom stops)! After dinner we got home just before midnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment