Friday, October 31, 2008

My first Europe trip - Day 9 of 15 (Cannes, Paris)

We are in Cannes, with warm sunshine, blue sky and nice beach.

I'm imagining I'm the celebrities, walking down the red carpet during the film festival...

From Cannes, we took the TGV train to Paris. In the train station, we saw a "suspect" that constantly look around other people. We all grab our bags very closely.

Unfortunately he is in the same cart as ours. Since I'm the "24" fan, I remembered there's a scene the terrorist carried a suicide bomb and he just looks exactly like this person. That make us not willing to fall asleep during the whole 5 hour journey.

Finally we arrived Paris safely...

Paris
Since our tour bus is still on the way to Paris (10 hours drive from Cannes to Paris but 5 hours by train), we took another bus in Paris. This bus is no comparison to our original one. So old, smelly and I can't hear the local tour guide when I sat at the back because the engine is so loud.

We are driving around Paris city and see the Eiffel Tower, Arch of Triumph etc.

After dinner, we got up to the Eiffel Tower. The good thing with tour is that, we didn't need to go through the lineup which other people are going. I would estimate at least 1 hour to get ticket and 1 hour to take the elevator up the tower if we were going by ourselves.

The view is just spectacular.

Coming down from Eiffel Tower, we are going to a boat cruise along River Seine. We passed a few different bridges and saw the buildings along the river. The cruise is great but would be even better if we don't know that there's a man just jump into the river to commit suicide and died around same time we were cruising around. No wonder there are so many police as we got off the boat.

Europe Trip Day 9

No comments: