Friday, October 31, 2008

My first Europe trip - Day 11 of 15 (Belgium)

We are leaving Paris and going to Belgium today.

First we are going to Brugge and I haven't even heard of this place before. But it's almost like Venice, there are quite a few caneals among the city. The old city with lots of medieval building is also pretty well maintained. There are carriage ride but just need to beware of the "horse shxx" on the ground...

Since we prefer more time for pictures and perhaps visit go inside the churches, we want to have quick lunch. End up we went to the counter part of "MacDonald" and had the most expensive fast food lunch in my life...The burger is small but still $3 or $4 euro each...oh well.

We did went inside the Basilica of the Holy Blood. It's actually quite dark inside and we didn't stay too long. On the way back to the tour bus, there is a street of clothing store but too bad...not enough time to shop there...even the H&M there has more stylish clothing...

After that, we are going to Brussels to see the "little man pee" statue.

The name says it all: it's small, and it pee!

It's so small but at least there are 30 or 40 people try to get around the statue for pictures and also, maybe there is some special festival going on, there is free beer given to the people passing by. I got one too. But I had a feeling that there is some "special taste"....

Lots of chocolate stores, lots of mainland Chinese tourists...and yeah...I didn't get any chocolate here, I bought a small bag but the taste is just so-so. Besides chocolate, the other famous Belgium food is waffle! Can't wait to get one but to me, it's a bit too sweet and too "sticky" in texture. I guess I still prefer the French crepe...

Dinner is once again Chinese food and it's just....no comments...
However, the good thing with Chinese food...at least there a lot of veggies dishes(coz veggie are relatively cheaper than meat).

Europe Trip Day 11

No comments: