After viewing the Lion Monument, we are onto the highlight of the trip today: Mt. Titlis. Not going to any snow mountain in Switzerland is like never been to Switzerland. I am looking forward to this place, and I'm not disappointed at all.
First we took one cable car (the Ocean Park type) up to the mid level. Along the foot hill, there are some cattle farm and you can actually hear the bell tie around the neck. The sound of the bell is so calm and relaxing. After a while, we transferred to another larger cable car (Grouse mountain type). And finally, we were inside a 360 degree self spinning cable car to get the full view of the mountain ranges.
The weather is cloudy in the early morning, but once we get closer to the top, we pass through the fog and cloud already, there comes the blue sky and snow mountain caps. The view is so spectacular that it almost feels like another world up here.
After getting off the cable car, obviously there's another tour from mainland China that talked SUPER LOUD. At that time I am so ashamed to be Chinese...But the ironic thing is, I saw 劉嘉玲 poster in the cable car station, Gigi Leung's picture at the ticket office and even Chinese anthem to choose inside the glacier cave. And of course, Chinese sales in the watch stores...
There is a store that I can dress up in Swiss traditional clothing and take pictures. So at the end we spent about half an hour there. After that we had an expensive lunch (but not much food), and went out to take some pictures. It's very windy outside but the view is just like heaven!
On top of the mountain there is a glacier cave. Different colour lighting make it a great place for photograph. But most likely you need to be familiar with your own camera setting since it requires special mode to shoot the colourful lights, as it's quite dark inside.
I bought a few of those cattle bell since I really like the sound...
After a few days of gloomy weather, we are back to Italy, where I would expect warmer climate and also more sunshine.
Milan (Italy)
Milan is the town of fashion, the place for major fashion shows. And you can tell from how the people dress as well. Definitely more stylish than other parts of Italy I have been to.
The famous Milan Cathedral is also different from the rest I have seen. Very sophisticated. I'm also thrilled to come here, because it's the first place that I have been to (within this tour) with an LV store. Yeah I'm not TOO crazy about brand name but knowing that the price is much cheaper to get an LV in Europe than the rest of the world, it becomes my mission to get one bag in the tour. The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is certainly one of the best looking shopping malls I have seen. However, I had my worst experienced there. Since it's the first time to come to LV store in the tour, we (with a few other people in the tour) quickly would like to check out the price of the ones we like. First, the one and only one staff is busy helping other customers, which I can understand. So I was patiently waiting. After 15 minutes (our time is so precious since we only get like 45mins in this place), she's still busy, and we don't get even one eye contact. OK, then I try to grab a bag by the window shelf and check out the price. Then I got warning by the cold security guard right away. "This bag is for display only" and do not touch...All LV stores that I have been to, there is no such rules! Also, ever since then, I can feel that his eyes never left me! It's like I'm going to steal the bag. I can't believe it happens here, if not in France. I have heard that LV sales in France is not as friendly because LV is such an popular brand that they got "too many" customers. Anyway, even the Prada store next to it is friendly and I can at least look at the bag without an issue. Too bad then, this particular LV store here did not deserve my business, so as my other tour members. And of course, my shopping mood is a bit disturbed as well.
I thought that I would be cheered up by the 4 (or even 4.5) star hotel that we are staying tonight. This is the most grand hotel in the tour. There are 4 lift as well. Finally we don't have to line up so long to get to our hotel room. Lots of business people; however, I was still disappointed, because a person rather kept talking on the cell phone but did not even try to push the OPEN button in the lift when he saw us with a few luggages. Yeah, not only Chinese without manner.
To me, Milan now officially on the bottom of my re-visit list.
![]() |
| Europe Trip Day 7 |

No comments:
Post a Comment