Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fun weekend, Wii weekend

Dine-out
Nothing really special. The portion is big, Henry got nice mini-pizza as appeitizer. My soup is a bit spicy (too much pepper?)
The main course is big and filling.
For dessert, Henry got chocolate cake and I got the tiramisu.
The tiramisu's sponge cake does not soak enough coffee / coffee wine. It tastes a bit dry.
Henry thought the chocolate cake is too sweet so I traded with him.
I ordered a small jar of white wine sangria. It's mostly white wine + orange + lemon juice.
Taste good though.
But after 3 glasses of sangria, I feel a bit "hot". Guess I haven't drank that much so my drinking "capacity" has gone down.
Overall, I thought it worths my $25/meal.

Wii
Finally I decided to line up for the Wii in the early morning.
My coworker and I planned to get to the Vancouver store at 7pm.
Just about to leave the house, he called me and said that there are around 50 people. Although each store should have at least 20 units, there are still great chance that I can't get one by the time I arrive at the store. So I deicded to check out the Richmond store first.
Surprisingly, there are only 20 people. So I line up in the Richmond store instead.
I feel bad that I didn't stay accompany with my coworker, he was there alone.
After half an hour lining up in the cold, the mall security guy let us in (the store is inside a shopping mall).
There were already a group of seniors doing exercises there in the mall.
People seems well prepared for this "line-up". Many of them brought folding chair, iPod, Ninendo DS with them.
At 8:30, the staff announced that there will be 52 units. He started giving out numbers and drop down our names as well.
9:30 store opened.
I successfully bought a Wii.
Still searching for Wii-remote though.
Also went to Walmart, future shop and best buy. I'm so glad that the game I'm interested in is on sale. $10 off the original price. Got that price-match by Best buy. (future shop is all sold out).
Henry got a game cube controller $7 cheaper in Walmart. So much difference!
Invited Henry's bro & sis to try out the Wii. So ... no more piano less for her.

Snowboarding
I almost think that I haven't go snowboard for more than a year. Until I take out my jacket again, the last ski-pass is dated Jan 28, 06. So actually I have been there once last year.
Drove to my friend's house at 8:15 to carpool to the mountain.
It started snowing as we approach the parking lot.
Great snow, but we stay in the bunny hill most of the time. Try to pick up my skill again.
I still suck at my left turn.
But I'm afraid to pracitse in the crowd. There are lots of people on the bunny hill.
Finally we decided to end our first ski/snowboard of the year around noon.
Sore legs/knee...
My friend ski so her hands are sore too... (take her lots of energy to walk up the slope with the pole...)
I guess, we all have fun though.

3 comments:

Bunny said...

I wouldn't go line up for Wii for 2 hrs... .or anything for that matter...well maybe except for really cheap fish tanks... kehh kehh.

Haha now I have 2 friends that have Wii....

Bunny said...

I've officially "retired" from skiing....not interested in it at all.

U've such an eventful weekend

Bunny said...

So what's the main course that is "big and filling"