Friday, January 12, 2007

Farewell

I had two farewell lunch this week, for 3 different people.
One on Wednesday, one today.
They left the company for different reasons: either voluntary, involuntary, or go back to his home country.
They reminded me the first few months since I start working in this company, I have attended farewell lunch almost every week.
Those are the good days, the IT blooming days.
At that time, I was a bit admire of those people, hearing stories that they got decent raise when they switch jobs.
Now when I attend farewell lunch, seeing them coming by to bid farewell to me, I no longer admire them, but I do miss them, especially one of them used to be my supervisor's supervisor, and I worked with him more before he changed his "title".
I wasn't particularly fond at him in the beginning, but as time goes by, I guess I found him ok. Wish he get some better opportunities elsewhere. I'm sure he will.
The other guy decided to move back to his own country. He's a very humourous/funny guy. The way he talks is just fun, and he's also very knowledgeable in his field.
The 3rd person left as he found a better opportunity elsewhere.

I will remember them, so as others who I have encountered during my course of life.

Best of wishes.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

I haven't had farewell lunches for a long time....
last time was farewell lunches for co-op.... doesn't really count i guess
i should find some time to start looking for better opportunities too somehow