Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mt Rainer Scenic Tour in WA

Went to Oregon during the weekend. On the way we stopped by Mt Rainer for a steam engine train ride. We always want to go for a steam train ride as my hubby is fascinated about engine, no matter it's car or train. So we have been researched on steam train tour for quite some time. And we finally did it this time.

It took about 4 hours to get to the train station. The traffic is pretty slow in some areas (when it passes through the small town).

The weather is not that great but at least it doesn't rain hard. We are still able to get a few shots. It's end of June and still chilly. I remembered one year we went to Oregon in May or June and it's so hot that I have to buy new clothes and get changed right away. Anyway, the ride is a bit rough in some area. But it's exactly "as seen on movie/TV" that in the old days that's how the steam engine train sounds like. Feeling of "back to the old days".

After about 40 minutes ride, the train will stop in a picnic area for 20 minutes or so then ride back to the depot.

Mt Rainer scenic train tour


After the ride we head to Oregon for dinner. Meet up with P and his wife (yeah my hubby drag him to the track for the first time). Next day (Sunday) they head off to the track while I join the other 2 wives to go shopping in Washington Square. I spent record low amount...only spent $50. After lunch in Cheesecake factory we head back to the track. I'm sure the guys didn't have a great time since it rains pretty hard at times. No one dare to drive fast, but still there were two accidents I heard, including one roll over...oh well.

We started heading back to Van at around 5:30pm. Then to Cheesecake Factory (again) for dinner. This time in Bellevue though. Then back home at about 11:30pm.