Monday, January 25, 2010

Street Car - Olympic Line

Despite the rainy and cold Vancouver winter weather, I still head out, more and more often, and occasionally, even without my car (i.e. on public transportation).

This weekend I am in a total shopping mode, in order to clear up the shopping list given by my Mom. She has given me a long list of items to bring back to Hong Kong when I go there next month. So, I have been to the outlet in WA to get See's candies and various local supermarkets.

Since I live fairly close to the new skytrain station, I did travel by skytrain more often now.
And knowing that there is a new free street car that connects the Olympic station and Granville Island, I just want to give it a try.

More info about the street car and Olympic line is here.

The interior is a bit narrower than the usual skytrain, but higher. The ride is pretty quiet, and I do enjoy it. Parking in Granville Island is always an hassle, now there is one more reason to give up my car.




1 comment:

Bunny said...

wow. that is really narrow. not very practical.