New Year Day
Actually, I got home at 2am and by the time I finished most of the house cleaning, it's 6am when I went to bed. The sky is still in total dark that it didn't feel like sleeping so "early". Therefore, by the time I got up, it's already around 3pm...
Had a few slices of sour dough with lobster oil and vinegar, a taste from the Cannery Restaurant (bought the lobster oil there). Dinner with in-law's family in my recent-favourite hotpot place. We did have a VIP room this time, out of my surprise, because I didn't ask for it. When I request it last time (during my birthday), I didn't get it, weird. I believed everyone had a good time, even my brother in law forgot about (or get used to) the Chinese herbal smell and the "stuffiness" he sensed in the beginning. He managed to finish 3 plates of beef by himself. I was too full to sleep, not until almost 5am...
Jan 2
Since the new year day falls on Friday, we all get another 2 days off before we head back to work. Got up late as usual, and decided to watch "Sherlock Holmes", which is on my hubby's wish list, even though I'm not a big fan of the "realistic" image of Sherlock Holmes. The first time I came across Sherlock Holmes was the book I studied in my English Literature class. At that time, Sherlock Holmes is portrait as a solemn English detective. I guess the Form 3 (equivalent to Grade 9) textbook is just not supposed to mention his drug usage or any chaos habbit of a great detective. So when the movie actually shows anything contradicts to my own portrait of Sherlock Holmes, I am not willing to accept it. As a result, I was reluctant to watch it in the first place. OK, back to the cinema, it's packed! I can see a huge line up of cars on the opposite lane trying to find a way out of the cinema. I never saw such a huge lineup like that all along Steveston Highway, until the highway junction. And to my surprise, the next show of the Sherlock Holmes is full already. So I turned to my 2nd choice, Invictus, with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, directed by Clint Eastwood. My hubby was a bit worried that it would be a long boring movie that talks about rugby sport that both of us are not a fan of. Indeed, the movie is not boring at all. And I'm even more satisfied when I'm able to use up my movie coupon that expired two years ago, and that includes soft drink and popcorn! The lineup to get the snack is huge as well...the show is also 90% full, to my surprise!
After movie, I finally decided to start playing with my Lego! Believe it or not, I never get a chance to play Lego when I was a kid. I had Barbie, I had toy cooking utensils but never Lego. So this is the first time for me. I started off with a simple one first, the John Hancock Center, from the new Lego Architecture series. It's indeed easier than puzzle, there is instruction booklet of how to put the pieces together! Done in a few minutes, I'm now onto the bigger challenge, the Ferrari car.
After a few hours, it's DONE! It's no surprise that we sleep at 5am again...
Jan 3
Last day of the new year holiday. Had a walk in the Aberdeen and the Parker Place mall, bought a few Chinese movie DVD. Watched one movie @ home, and that marks the end of the holiday. I can't sleep at 5am again, but 2am this time. Still, I am not too used to sleep that "early" so I didn't sleep too well.
Jan 4 - First day of work
I guess the 10am meeting has helped me to stay awake otherwise I will be tired for the whole day. Another meeting at 4 as well. It's just a tiring day...
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment