It's just perfect, as I have planned to have lunch with my friend in downtown. We were wondering whether to drive there or take public transit. We are inclined to go "green" as finding a parking spot in downtown could be difficult and not to mention expensive. Well, the nice weather reassures our "choice".
So we got off at the Waterfront station. The restaurant is just two blocks away. This is not like typical Japanese restaurant where you see bamboo or wooden oriental structures. The design is indeed modern and contemporary. High ceiling with colour-lighted glass panel floating in the air, huge floor to ceiling window, open kitchen along the side, all distinguish this cuisine from other Japanese counterpart.

Mind that all pictures are taken by my cell phone so the picture quality is not that great.
As I stepped inside, I was greeted by a warm welcome from the hostess. The green tea we are given is not just two glasses, but with two clay teapots as well. And the server often drop by to refill and pour the tea for us, which can already tell, a sign of great service. The server is not only knowledgeable, but also enthusiastic and passionate. This is not necessary the usual case, even in other 5-stars cuisine.
I took my friend's recommendations for food, so we ordered the lunch box and a chirashi sushi, plus a dessert.
Miku Zen (which is the lunch box)


Chef's selection of 4 items from the kitchen, 4 items from our sushi bar & miso shiru.
Aburi Chirashi Sushi Tart

A layered tower of spicy tuna, avocado, topped with aburi salmon, ebi, hotate & tobiko
Apple Galette

lightly poached & caramelized apples, vanilla cream atop a crispy puff pastry, served with vanilla bean ice-cream
As you can see, great presentation. This is not traditional Japanese food, but with a touch of fusion style. And I can sure tell that ingredients are fresh and they taste great! With excellent service, great food and ambiance, even with a slightly higher price tag, I would still call it a very satisfying meal. What a great Saturday afternoon!
As a side note, I found the intro video on their website a bit funny. :)
Shoud not miss it.
1 comment:
wow looks nice and expensive
Post a Comment