Saturday, November 28, 2009

Masculine Birthday Card and Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Ink Class

My attempt for a masculine birthday card.

It's about the time to try out my new purchase: perfect pearl and the Three Fern Stamp.

From My creations


This picture shows a bit better how shiny it is with the perfect pearl:


Material Includes:
Stamps: S5154 Three Ferns, C4715 Happy Birthday
Perfect Pearl: gold colour
Paper stock: Water colour paper, My Mind Eyes Natural-Strength; Item #LL1150 (also shiny)
Brown dotted ribbon
Metal brads
Cuttlebug folder: Just my type

The personalized stamp I ordered about a month ago finally arrived in my post box. Just in time to use it on the back of my card. I didn't get a picture though.

This time I'm using the stamping technique I learn the technique from Jennifer McGuire's thinking ink class (Week 8).

I really like her tutorial, she gave very useful tip and presented very nice and clearly.

If you are interested, here's the link of her Thinking Ink classes:
Week 1:
Distress Ink Part 1
Distress Ink Part 2
Distress Ink Part 3

Week 2:
Embossing Powder
Multi-powder Embossing
Distress Embossing Powders

Week 3:
Paint Dabbers - Backgrounds
Paint Dabbers - Stamp with paint
Paint Dabbers - Resist

Week 4
Distress Crackle Paint
Distress Crackle Paint and Stamping
Distress Crackle Paint - Adding shine

Week 5
Alcohol Ink - Creating background
Alcohol Ink - Clear embellishments
Alcohol Ink - Using embellishments

Week 6
Dimensional Pearl and Stickles - the Basics
Dimensional Pearl and Stickles - Stamping
Dimensional Pearl and Stickles - Creating backgrounds

Week 7
Canvas & Stamping Part 1
Canvas & Stamping Part 2
Canvas & Stamping - More ideas

Week 8
Perfect Pearls Part 1
Perfect Pearls Part 2
Perfect Pearls - Additional techniques

Week 9
Distress Ink
Alcohol Ink
Everything!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I just found your blog from the thread on the Hero Arts Flickr site. Your blog is fantastic! I am so glad I stopped by. :) Love your card with the beautiful ferns. I like how you used the techniques from Jennifer's classes, too! :)

Petti said...

Thank you Jill for your kind words. It's great encouragement for me! :)