Saturday: dim sum @ 海港. I haven't been there for long time. It was the poor service that turn us away. It's been almost a year now so I'd like to give it a second chance. After all, I did crave for the 流沙飽. Love the flowly salted egg yolk paste inside the 飽. OK, food came in a timely manner (unlike last time). But when I was enjoying my favourite 流沙飽, one of the captains asks if I can move the chair a bit so that they can setup the table for dinner time. I mean....I am enjoying my messy 流沙飽 in which the paste inside actually flows. And you told me to stop in between. If I'm just chit chatting I don't mind move my seat a little bit but I'm actually eating. My total dislike of this interruption is reflected on the tip (I paid less than 10% this time). I guess that's it. I don't think I'll be a return customer, at least for another year or so.
After dim sum, we went to IKEA to buy a replacement light bulb for my table lamp. I'm glad that they have the recycle bin for the flouresant bulb. Bought the meatball package for $11.99 (meat ball + lingoberry jam + 2 creme glaze pack). After shopping some grocery we went home for dinner. At night I'm practising new technique for card making.
Sunday: Dim sum @ 新庸記. This remains my all time favourite. Despite the less varieties of dim sum, the quality always guaranteed. Food is always served in a timely manner, plus it's hot!
After dim sum, went to Granville Island for a walk, as the weather is nice. After that went to Banana Leaf for dinner with friends, since we are going to watch 黃子華 talk show together @ Orpheum.
I always like 黃子華 talk show but this time I got a bit disappointed. Too much singing, plus there is no central theme. Btw, I am getting good seat (30 rows on the main level) for $50 (the cheapest ticket price). Thanks to my friend who books the ticket. The show ends before 11pm (2 full hours) so and by the time we got home almost mid night.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment