We went there to attend my cousin's wedding.
Originally we planned to travel by air, the flight ticket price is decent: $95/one way.
However, the surcharge and tax is another $80! Two return ticket will cost over $700.
Almost able to go back to Hong Kong with this price tag. So we give up, it's our first marathon road trip.
The total driving time is 11 hour including the gas stop and quick lunch. Total gas cost under $300. Not bad eh?
Even though it's 11 hour, we still think that it's a better than the 6-hour drive to Portland. Why? The road is not as bumpy as I5, plus better scenery. On the way to Calgary I have seen two Elk and goat along the highway.
We arrived on Friday night, attended the wedding on Saturday, and went sight seeing on Sunday, then come back on Monday. It's really a short trip! Still, I feel refreshed, from the routine daily chores. Especially, when I saw the green rolling plains without boundaries, paired with blue sky, white clouds, a few cattle/horse here and there, like a picture, to remind us how well the nature is created for us to live.
We stayed in the downtown Marriott hotel, I almost want to bring the bedding back home. The bedding, mattress, and pillow are just too comfy...The only drawback is the parking. It's valet only and costs $30/weekedy (or $25/weekend). And of course, no free internet to us is another hassle. Still, for the price we got, I still won't regret staying there.
We went to Drumheller as well, here are some pictures:
![]() |
| Calgary trip |

No comments:
Post a Comment