I love high tea. It's noble, it's just perfect portion to satisfy my craving for savory and sweet pastry. And not to mention, I love tea as well.
First, the Secret Garden Tea Room

It's definitely a famous place for high tea. The scones, I really considered the best among all I have tried.
Besides scones, the savory sandwiches are also great. However, the dessert I would say it's a bit on the sweeter side for me. But it's just because I grew up in Hong Kong where the cake is always much less sweeter than local ones.
For the two of us:

Very cute teapot wrap. I had creamy earl gray tea that day. I always like to add a bit of milk/cream to black tea.

Look at the cute snowman on the dessert plate, for the x'mas/new year time.

It's on the pricey side: $26/person for the full set. But I guess it's ok to splurge once a while, just consider yourself be the noble British lady...
Second place: Adonia
When we went to the Secret Tea Garden last time looking for parking spot, we passed by this little tea house. And it seems to serve high tea too. We passed by on a weekend and it's a full house. So I was thinking to try it out when I have a chance.
The ambiance is like an Victorian tea house and it's cozy. Seating seems a bit tight but with the huge chair it's still comfortable.
The biggest difference is the tea. This is the real fruit tea I ordered. It is a mix of real juice and tea. And there is real fruit inside as well. Last but not least it tastes great.

Serve with Royal Albert fine bone china. Instead of a saucer, I was give a small fork to pick the real fruit inside the tea pot.

I love the little quiche but I'm not a big fan of olive tart. While I do love the rest of the savory selection, once again I found the dessert too sweet for my taste.

Here's the 2nd plate. It comes with sweet and savory scones, plus bread pudding. The bread pudding is served warm and tastes great.

The scone is also quite fluffy (I mean not as hard) but it's less of buttery taste like the Secret Garden. But overall, still very good scones. But for the rest of savory selection, I would prefer the Secret Garden. It just seems more delicate there.
As for tea, it's so unique to have this real fruit tea so I would definitely prefer this to others.
It is also on the pricey side though, for $25/person. But they do offer mini high tea set for $15/person with 6 pieces of pastry.
After all, my craving is fully satisfied. Let's see how long I'll stand until my next high tea occasion...
1 comment:
the portion might be good but not the number of portions :P
Post a Comment