Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A bit crazy...

It's a bit crazy....to drive to Oregon coast and back in the same day.
Yes I have been to Oregon many times but still seems like there are some places worth dragging me there.

This time, is the steam train ride at the Oregon coast.

My hubby is an engine fanatic. Or I should say, he love things which is engine related: car engine, steam train engine, and even big machinery...

For me, I love the scenery. Last time when we plan our trip to Oregon to enjoy the ocean and beach, it's the rainy and the coldest day within August. As we are disappointed, we want to go again this time, as we are sure that it's sunny as promised by the weather forecast!

But in order to save the hotel cost, we decided to go as a one day trip! Aside, I feel a bit bad that I can't join the my coworker's housewarming party...

Anyway, we took off at 6:30am and arrived at the train depot at 1:20pm (train departed at 2am), with only 1 stop. Time was a bit tight at the estimated time by the navigation software is originally 2:30. And NO, we didn't drive super fast. I'd believed that the software is giving out too generous estimation...And I was also surprised to see there are at least 5 cops within 10 minutes drive across the border. They do start early!

Anyway, the ride is a bit short but I do enjoy the scenery. I guess I should try the dinner train next time as the route is a bit different. Will definitely see sunset along the way...

Sunday: give up another house warming party... :(
We are quite tired from the trip and also I am going back to work for a short time.
In the end, we went dim sum lunch, then movie, then work, then go to night market for dinner. To my surprise, the night market seems pretty good this year. The layout is better, and there are actually two stages for performances. I am seeing more locals and it does becomes an multi-cultural event, which is good. The other good thing is we are able to find a street parking spot near by! Bought some DVD, cute socks (5 pairs for $10), and we had young coconut, grilled squid, rice roll with mix sauce, squid ball, dumplings, and the best one, is the twist potato! The whole potato is sliced (like potato chips) but still linked by a bamboo stick and then deep fried. We chose the favour (ketchup or with cheese powder) and it tastes great!

No comments: