Monday, July 12, 2010

This weekend - World Cup Final

Saturday: had lunch with friend. We talked about card making and stuff. Too bad I missed the World Cup final game - German Vs Uruguay. Seems to be an exciting game with lots of goal: 3-2. Went to US in the afternoon, had dinner there as well.

Sunday: went to friend's place to watch the final game: Netherlands vs Spain.
This year, the world cup result seems a bit usual. All the "famous team" are out in the early stage - France, Brazil, England, Italy etc. There are only 2 games that I get up early to watch on the weekend. But both teams that I cheered for, lost. Brazil and England both lost. And German seems to play pretty well so I was hoping it will be the finalist but too bad, it lost to Spain. And the result seems to be predicted precisely by Mr Paul the Octopus. So in the final game, I don't really know who to cheer for. I'm leaning towards Netherlands because I had support them in the past. But "Paul" seems to predict otherwise. And Paul is right, Spain won the World Cup this year, with 1-0 as the final score. Basically it's a pretty boring game, not much goal, and it's kinda slow paced. I was about to fall asleep in the middle. After the game, my friend did some BBQ so I had a "great lunch". After lunch I played MJ with them and again, I lost miserably. They are really experts and played way too fast. Or is my brain too slow for this now?? Had dinner there as well, when I got home it's around 10pm.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

The Netherland vs Spain game was GREAT!!! Not boring at all!!

Yeah... what's w/ the octopus.... i don't get it.

Petti said...

The German Vs Uraguay game is even more exciting...

Paul the octopus...you gotta click that wikipedia link. :)

Bunny said...

yeah.. i heard about that octopus on TV. Just don't get y he's accurate...

Petti said...

Seems like it's due to the colour of the flag.