Haven't been so sick for quite some time. So I'm not able to update my blog as often as I would like to. (Not that if anyone will actually read or care about...)
I guess, it started with my card making order. As some of you may know, card making is my latest obsession (oops I mean hobby). As a SLOW card maker, I often work on it till quite late. And to fulfill the card order, I was really working OT. During the last week of April, I wasn't really having enough sleep. But still, I was happy that I'm able to sell my card, so that I can at least cover a fraction of the cost, and also the fact that someone do like my card and is willing to pay for it.
Flu actually started on April 30, which on that day I'm going to my friend's birthday dinner. That day is so sunny and warm so I decided to dress up a bit. I picked a rather low cut dress and pair it with long boot. I also bought her a special cake but the cake is not ready by the time I got there. So I just walk around nearby shops for 15 minutes. And then, I was chilled by the cool breeze. I guess, together with lack of sleep that weaken my immune system, right away I felt something wrong. When I got back to the office, my whole body was ached (and I actually feel like an old lady that I can't even walk straight). And by dinner time, I knew that I had fever. My friends later asked me why I insist on not getting any alcohol drink. They thought I am pregnant...haha. Anyway, how can I drink with flu? After dinner, when I took my temperature, I was right, I was 101.6F and officially had a fever.
I did take a few tylenol and that usually worked. Not this time. On Saturday I was rushing to finish my last order so my sleeping time was pushed back to 3am. Bad choice I guess. On Monday I did head out to see the doctor and took a sick day.
Fever is gone after taking antibiotic. However, I am still coughing badly, even now, which is already 3 weeks...
Together with some bad symptom shown last weekend, I decided to head back to the doctor again...I don't want to pretend that I'm not worried, because I AM. I would just keep my finger crossed...
Because of the sickness, I skipped Sun Run this year...I feel sooooooo bad about this. And also I have to stop all exercising routine. :~~(
Not that I am not aware of, but I should emphasize again and again: health is just the most valuable thing money can't buy.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment