Sunday, May 23, 2010

So bitter

While traditional medication doesn't seem to do the job, it's just natural to seek on alternatives. I haven't been to Chinese doctor before, this is actually the first time, although I did drink some herbal tea while I was a kid. The smell, the bitterness of the herbal tea, all brought back my childhood memories.

In the old days, there are a few Chinese herbal shops within my vicinity. And quite often, my Mom will bring me there when I have minor sickness, instead of going to the doctor. The medication (i.e. the herbal tea), is just as bitter as you can think. And often I got compliment there since I got no trouble to drink those bitter herbal tea. And of course I got my reward after the drink: 山榨餅. And other kids? You can imagine it could be SO DIFFICULT to ask a kid to drink something with such BITTERLY awful taste. But who knows that, deep down I made no trouble to drink the tea just to enjoy the compliments from others? When I got to drink the herbal tea at home I am never as well behaved as I used to be in the shop. Just because I'm going to drink the herbal tea without compliment of being a good girl...

Btw, how come I can't sleep on weekend but I am always lack of sleep on weekdays?
Like today, I woke up at 6am on my own without a slight chance of falling back asleep... :(

No comments: