Sunday, July 12, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

Saturday
Originally planed to go hiking up Grouse Grind. Haven't done that for a few years. But I wasn't feeling too well since 2 days ago so I guess my energy level is not good enough for this intensive workout yet. Still, I want to head out to the nature in such a nice (and hot) weather so we decided to go to the Lighthouse Park in West Van.

Although it's a relatively easy walk in the Lighthouse Park, we still decided to have a nice and fatty meal before heading out to the trail. We had lunch @ the Modern Burger
Despite the sliding review, I still like the burger and especially the milkshake. I do found that not as many people as before. It used to be full house around the same time I went half a year ago. And of course, I like the retro 1950s interior design there.

After lunch we started heading towards the Lighthouse Park in West Van. After a relatively easy hike (mostly downhill), we arrived at the view point. That is, the light house. :)

On the way back we pass by the West Van Community Center. Yeah I can tell it's a rich community since the community center is so pretty and large. It's even better looking than the university campus!

After that we stopped at the Village besides Park Royal and have a drink. Since we are still full from the "burger", we went back home for dinner.
Weekend @ West Van


Sunday
Had lunch in Vietnamese noodle place. This is the 2nd time we went there. And wow! Bump into people we know from two other tables! One couple from the Europe tour we joined last year (although it took me a while to figure out how we knew each other). And my ex coworker. He's so good at singing, particularly sing like Leslie Cheung! We had chat for a while. After lunch, we head down to the States to get Sees' Candies for my Dad. To my surprise, huge lineup. I am so grateful that I got Nexus card, otherwise there would be an hour lineup. Same with coming back to Canada around 7. Lineup is also around 1 hour if no nexus. This time we went through the Nexus lane in Peach Arch.

No comments: