Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday weekend

Time flies.

I begin to lose the thrill about birthday celebration. Is this a sign of aging?

Still, I am glad that I had spent some quality time with friends. After all, it's another 'excuse' of getting together.

This is actually the first time to spend my birth day with friends. Usually it's either with family or hubby.

Originally we had plan to go out of town for the weekend. But as we want to save some $ for our January trip, we decided to stay in town. It turned out to be a good decision. I have been so busy with work. The day before (Thursday night) I have to work until 11:30pm. And then I needed to go to work at 8:30am the next day. I can't even remember how long ago I haven't got to work so early in the morning. Anyway, I'm also glad that everything is DONE so I can take my half day off without any lingering emotion about the project.

In the afternoon, we had high tea in Hotel Vancouver. Then go to my friend's house for dinner. My friend was actually born on the same day as me.

On Saturday, my hubby and I have spent whole afternoon playing the new Wii game, Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (my birthday present). It's much better than the previous edition. I would totally recommend it! My arms became so sore afterwards!

Sunday, we originally planned to watch the Santa Clause Parade in downtown, but the weather forecast says it's going to rain. And we didn't want to stay up in a cold rainy winter day. So we didn't go at the end. Although, it's actually sunny around that time! How come the forecast is inaccurate most of the time? We did go to downtown, for the high tea (yeah, again) in Shutton Place Hotel. Price-wise it's much better than the Hotel Vancouver one, but the scones, weren't comparable to the Hotel Vancouver one at all. But with this price, it's not bad. After that we shopped around Robson street, didn't buy anything though. Then we had dinner with in-law's family @ Boston Cafe.

This ends my birthday celebration weekend...

1 comment:

Bunny said...

That's a nice bday.

I've lost thrill of bday long time ago...