Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm feeling lucky!

I'm grateful that there is still salary raise for next year and company x'mas party is still around, despite the bad economy situation. My husband's company x'mas party was indeed got cancelled, even though he has to pay $25/person. And I have heard job cut in lots of places.

I was a bit worried about my performance review since this is my first year in this new position, plus I got a new boss. It's such a relieve to find out that I got a decent raise and the review goes OK.

It was quite a busy day on Saturday. First I was looking for a new dress (since most of my dresses don't fit any more) and then I had an hair appointment in the afternoon. I was planning to get a makeup demo but ran out of time. On the other hand, my poor hubby was working from 9am till 6:30pm. I almost thought we can't make it to the x'mas party.

Usually I don't have high expectation for company x'mas party. All these years I have been to, the venue is usually decent but the food is so-so. This year we had ours in Hyatt hotel in downtown. To my very surprise, we had the best food! There is smoke salmon and king crab legs! Yummy lasagna, turkey, beef and decent cold platter. Even the DJ is much better than before. A few people actually danced!

As far as door prizes and service awards, I am hearing all good reviews. Before, my service awards prizes were just *no comments*. Not useful to me at all. However, this year, we have better prizes like iPod, digital picture frame and stereo systems!
The door prizes are as usual but I'm feeling so lucky that I actually got a door prize, and my husband got another! The new HR drew my name for one of the earlier prizes, which is a gift basket with some chocolate and $50 carpet cleaning coupon. Then I drew Arian's name for the next one, which is a bottle of ice wine. After a while, Arian's husband drew for the next prize and he came up with my hubby's name! What a coincidence! He got a big box from Far West, which is decent winter jacket. I'm definitely feeling lucky to have two door prizes out of the 11! Actually, our table is quite lucky since my neighbour got another prize as well.

The gift basket


The jacket



By the time we leave downtown, it starts snowing. Some of the cars can't make up to the slope on Cambie Street. I can feel the spin even with snow tires.


On Sunday, I have a spa appointment and after that, went to Henry's ex-coworker's baby full month dinner. It's nice to meet others who we used to hang out more in the past few years. But once people got married and started to have kids, we had less gatherings. Good that there's another one coming up after x'mas time.

Will talk more about that "spa" appointment later.

No comments: