I knew the result will not be that great this year. First I didn't practise much (just started 2 weeks before). And I have gained weight over the past year.
I tried to keep my pace, didn't stop much at the water station. Instead, I stopped about 3 minutes to take off my jacket (the zipper got stuck). While the first 5k is on par with the practice run time, the last 5k is mixed with stopping and "resting". I can't even run up Cambie bridge on the last 1km. At first I thought the start time was 9:29am (didn't bring my stop watch or iPod, just use my cell phone for timing). I was excited for a moment because my result would be around 68 minutes. But later I found out that the start time is actually 9:19am....so it means the total time is around 78mins. Actually, it's not too far from my practice run time, since it's usually 40 minutes for 5k.
I didn't take too many pictures this year. And I didn't get there early enough to be right behind the start line like last year.
OK...here is my final result:
ChipTime Overall SexPl DivPl AgeGrade
1:16:06 25819 12013 1654 39.9%
Compare with last year:
ChipTime Overall SexPl DivPl
1:11:27 22801 10075 1409
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not bad at all considering that you didn't start training till 2 weeks before. I think it's pretty good that you ran most of the way.
I didn't stop at all at the water stations.
So many paper cups everywhere, wonder how long it took to clean up all the mess on the street and in the BC place...
I was hoping to get better result this year. Oh well...
I wonder if volunteer would need to clean up the street?
Post a Comment