It all happened two years ago.
I got a speeding ticket.
I paid for it right away as I *think* I deserve paying if I really speed right...
Then a letter comes saying my license needs to be suspended for 3 months because of the above.
HUH??
I do think it's a bit harsh on me as this is the first ticket over 9 years, and speeding on highway with no car around me (versus speeding on city and doing car racing).
OK...this time I don't think I deserve the license suspension so I applied for dispute.
Usually the dispute should happen before you pay the ticket. In my case it's a bit different since I've already paid.
Anyway, I applied for dispute. The court letter came two weeks later that they accept the dispute.
So...all I can do is to wait for the letter of hearing.
Wait...wait...wait...
And two years passed.
Finally, I got a cheque from ICBC, with the amount of the ticket, with a note of "violation withdraw".
I am still puzzling in my head. Am I free of any charges? Do I still have good driving record?
All I know is, I got some cash in my bank...
But lesson learned...I am driving speed limit in ALL cases...rush or not...
Cars still passed by...some with a furious look. But I have to drive in a cool state of zen. You never know when the bad driving record comes back and haunts me.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congradulations!!
I'm still speeding in some cases, but usually still under 70..... I might need a license suspension scare to put me right at 60 and under too.
Post a Comment