Got a call from a friend on Thursday night that we are invited for another "私房菜" dinner on the following day. I almost started drooling ... are we going to have a lobster feast since lobster is in season now?
Finally...to my surprise, we got a SUPERSIZE OYSTER as "appetizer".
The oyster is longer than the normal size china spoon! And it's baked with cheese and bacon. I didn't eat oyster before but this one...the nice smell or cheese and bacon...I just can't resist! (actually...I didn't eat oyster not because I don't like the taste of oyster, just because of the black stuff inside that make me "feel" gross). This oyster...just tastes SO GOOD!

Sai Z restaurant (Saturday)
Seeing an ad from Mingpao that there's a tasting menu on special ($40/person) so we give it a try tonight...
The environment is nice...nice ambience and they have live piano playing too.
The menu comes with two choices per dish. (5 dishes menu). Since we have two people we can try all different things.
First comes two spoonful of sphegetti "on the house".
.jpg)
Then the prosciuto roll with the melon inside. Tastes good!
.jpg)
The soft shell roll is not too special though.
.jpg)
I have the lobster bisque with mussels. It has the lobster bisque taste and some miso soup taste as well. Very speical. The mussle is quite large.
.jpg)
The seafood clear soup has a big shrimp and it looks like those live shrimp (look very fresh), but unfortunately, the shrimp meat taste a bit "mui" so kinda disappointed. The mussel and clam are quite large.
.jpg)
Then comes my tuna tataki and the tuna mango crepe. Both taste very fresh and good.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The main dish is the halibut and angus beef steak.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Although I order "medium well" for the steak, the beef is still tender. And the server gives us a large cup of the green tea icecream parfait ON THE HOUSE too! At least 2 scoop of green tea icecream inside! It filled up at least 40% of our stomach!
Originally I order cheesecake as my dessert but the server later comes to me and say "the cheesecake is in bad condition tonight". So I change to the cream burlee combo as well.
It has orange, green tea cream burlee and another small cup of mango ice-cream.

.jpg)
Overall, I give 4.5/5 for food. (-0.5 for the "mui" shrimp)
Server is very polite, most servers looked like Japanese.
However, one thing that I think they can "improve" is that...food often comes a touch before I finish the previous dish. And I wait for 30 minutes for the first dish to come. The roll came first before of the soup (although the server do appologize).
If they can "improve" a bit on the timing of the dish, I'll give higher rating for the dining experience.
The dish portion is not too big so in case you have big stomach, u can plan for "siu yeah". But since they give us a free parfait, then we are stuff! Without the parfait, we probably are not too full.
Overall, I give 4.5/5 for the dining experience. I will go back again to try out other dishes.
I like the dish presentation, and also the environment there.
OK...time to exercise more...
1 comment:
That's too much good food.
$40 is a lot.
Post a Comment