Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Feel of Spring

I still remembered the first few years we lived in Vancouver. We were thrilled for Spring time and one of the signature spring activities is the tulip field tour.
We have indeed joined those tours a few times. Still remebered there's one time I went with my mom and my high school buddy. My Mom and she both ate over a dozen raw oysters which just dig from the ocean and get opened up right away (yeah the tour includes visiting oyster farm and factory outlet in additional of the tulip field). I guess the water back in those days are still safe...at least they don't feel sick after this "meal".
Anyway, there wasn't any plan for going to the tulip fields this year. On the very last week of the tulip festival (which the tulip field opens to public), I read from a local forum that there's indeed a tulip field within BC. Yeah...that's a bit of discovery since we only went to the tulip field in the States. Seeing the weather being quite nice and with the "hope" to find cheaper gas price, we are on to the BC tulip field.
The field isn't too large and the tuplip are fading. But since there are not as many people, it's better for taking pictures. Although, it would be better if the sun is not hiding...





2 comments:

Bunny said...

Looks very beautiful.

koala said...

Tulips are beautiful, I didn't know the Tulip festival is over already!!