Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sun Run 2007

April 15
It's the day! My first 10K race!
Can I make it to the end?
Especially I have hurt my left ankle two weeks ago during practice and I haven't run at all two weeks before the race?
I truely don't know.

I have thought about given up. But I still decided to go at the end, as I got some prescription from doctor and my foot seems better.
Worst come to worst, I will just walk the 10K or mix with walk and run.

My start time is stated 9:30-9:45 (since I'm in the slower gruop). I was there around 9:15, afraid of the busy traffic. It's a sunny day with some morning cool breeze. Lucky that there are so many people on the street to "keep warm". Otherwise it's quite cold just waiting in the open air for half an hour.

Some how I sqeeze to the front row when our group start.

My goal is to just able to complete the run, either walk or run. So I'm not stressed at all. I just try to enjoy the scenry and relax. I even stopped a while and took some pictures with my cell phone. And of course I stopped at each water station (which I believe it slows me down as well)

Finally, I arrived at the finish line.
My watch says 75 minutes (but I know it should be less since I took picture of the finish line but forgot to turn off the stop watch).

71"27 is my official time on the Vancouver Sun.
OA M/F Div Bib Group Time Pace
22794 10069 1408 41284 F3034 1:11:27 7:08:50/km 11:30:00/mi

Overall, I'm pleased with the result. Hopefully I'll do better next time. :)






The start line










The finish line

Party at BC Place

Free fruit

No comments: