I have never thought about running 10K before.
Those who appears on TV, to run the 10K or any Marathon seem to live in an entirely different world.
They are so slim, in such a good shape and simply, fit.
And I have none of the above. In a way, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm chubby, fat, and have been gaining quite a few weights recently. (the most depressing part is that, my coworker even think I'm pregnant...see...I'm SO fat now...)
Despite the above, I still sign up Sun Run 2007.
To challenge myself? To set up a goal? To keep fit? Or just to prove that I can run 10k since 5k is not as tough as I thought?
After my HK trip, sun run is already around the corner.
Only two weeks away from the day, I gotta start my 10k training.
After so many days of rain, it's finally a nice day today, nice enough to run.
So I decided to run 10km for the first time.
The first 7k is not difficult, since I have almost run that distance during the weekly run clinic.
However, the last 2k, if I wasn't stay together with my other running buddy/coworker, I think I'll just walk on my own. My knees definitely feel the pressure and foot is ached.
Final result: 1 hour 15 minutes (first 5k for 37minutes and same as the 2nd 5k).
I was a bit surprised...I think I will slow down in the 2nd half.
Anyway, it's not a fast run but sure it's a great start for me.
Looking forward for more 10k run and some uphill run.
And definitely looking forward for the big day.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"However, the last 2k, if I wasn't stay together with my other running buddy/coworker, I think I'll just walk on my own. My knees definitely feel the pressure and foot is ached."
-- Exactly why I didn't want to try it.... too much for the ankles and knees.
Post a Comment