Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Classic song

It's always not easy to look for birthday gift, especially to guys. Perhaps I just don't know what they need. I mean, even to hubby, I can get some clothing (but it's not special, and he has a lot in the wardrobe), I can get a watch (but he has quite a few), as for gadget, I'm not a better expert than him. So, the only thing I can think of this time, is a set of headphone. I still remember the headphone he had in office is BROKEN. Yes, the padding already broken and it looks so dirty and I mean, just look like he's so broke to even get a new set of headset.

Well, I'm not audiophile. I try not to. Because I know this is just like an infinite pursue. Once you are hooked into it, you can't just step out of it easily. I know I won't be able to stand the crappy noise/music any more. I know this because in my old car, my parents spend extra to get the premium audio package. And it's just, not eye opening, but EAR opening...I can suddenly distinguish different instrument not just some music mixed together. And it's just an upgrade of some speaker. Imagine if I am willing to spend a bit more on hi-fi, how can I listen to mp3 again...

Anyway, so in search of a headset to my hubby as his birthday gift. Thanks to the INTERNET and I just post a few questions to some forum. I'm glad that I almost got instant reply. Still, I have to search if I can actually get it and if it's within my budget.

So after some researching, I got Grado SR 60i. Well, perhaps the Sennheiser HD 518 is better but it's more expensive and I can't upgrade to next-day shipping. So I get the Grado one. And out of my surprise, they shipped SR80i (the higher model) to me, which should cost extra $20. I guess I'm just not ethical to let the seller know I got the wrong item. But it's also too close to my hubby's birthday that I got no time to return. And how does the SR80i sound? I don't know. It's already in hubby's office. Maybe some time later I'll ask him to bring back to me and I will try to enjoy this set of headset.

With nice headset, a nice song comes next to test out the headset. Tonight, I was just searching some old/classic song on youtube. In the mood of some classic songs now...



往事只能回味
尤雅
曲: 劉家昌 / 詞: 林煌坤

時光一逝永不回,
往事只能回味,
憶童年時竹馬青梅,
倆小無猜日夜相隨。
春風又吹紅了花蕊,
你已經也添了新歲,
你就要變心像時光難倒回,
我只有在夢裡相依偎。

時光一逝永不回,
往事只能回味,
憶童年時竹馬青梅,
倆小無猜日夜相隨。
春風又吹紅了花蕊,
你已經也添了新歲,
你就要變心像時光難倒回,
我只有在夢裡相依偎。

春風又吹紅了花蕊,
你已經也添了新歲,
你就要變心像時光難倒回,
我只有在夢裡相依偎。

It's so true -- 往事只能回味.

No comments: