I used to see Cactus Club as casual chained restaurant, similar to White Spot, Milestone etc.
I guess I was too outdated.
During lunch with a family friend, she recommended the new Cactus Club in the downtown location which is, lead by Rob Feenie.
Although the name Cactus Club doesn't ring the bell much, the Canadian Iron Chef Rob Fennie, previous chef of Lumiere, does strike the bell. He's the lead of the Cactus club now. She said she wants to try a few time but was detoured by the long line up each time she wants to go. So that tells me, it's a good place, worth a visit!
Since my other birthday friend chose to go to Cactus club as the dining place, perfect! Let's try out the new DT location!
We are welcomed by the 2-level tall glass panel. Very modern and chic.
Inside there is a transparent 2-level high wine storage, similar to the one I have seen in Mandalay Bay (Vegas).
The ambiance inside is also very upscale.
We had tried the yam fries as appetizers, the daily special pistachios crush halibut with red curry sauce, the burger, salad, scallop and shrimp speghetti, and steak.
The garlic mayo sauce that comes with the yam fries tastes so good! And halibut, is usually rough in texture, but it turns out silky smooth! It is a surprised to me.
Price is decent.
So the conclusion is, I will be back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment