Saturday: got up early to go swimming. It's part of my own "Sun Run training" program. My plan is to swim one day and go running the next day . So I exercise everyday before the Sun Run. After swimming, I went back home to prepare lunch. Then I went to my first card related class. It's about how to colour with copic marker. There are some good handouts but overall, I don't think I "get" too much out of the class. The instructor showed the technique table by table and sometimes I missed the extra stuff she mentioned to the other tables.
Since it's a nice day today, I drove to Granville Island and had a short walk after the class. And of course, I "walked" to my favourite rubber stamp store and found out that there is store-wise 25% off promotion. I was so happy but my wallet became significantly lighter after I walked out the store...
Later on, I joined my hubby, who was off to his friend's house to play video game, and this friend, for dinner. Dinner is at Boston Steak House and we actually chat for almost 3 hours. I was glad that the business is not TOO busy or else we may be push to leave after the meal.
Sunday: we got up early (or I should say "earlier") because we planned to go to VanDusen Garden for the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. Finally we had a chance to try out the Japadog. We often saw this hotdog booth in Downtown but we were usually full when we passed by. This time the line up was almost 30 minutes. And well...the one my hubby got (Kakuni Dog) is better than mine (Terimayo). I don't really like mine, too salty. After walking around most of the booth, I made a wagashi and attended a free class of Sangetsu. Took the final product home.
It's around 4, we were planning to visit my FIL. He just had his eye surgery. But my hubby got a call from his boss that there's something wrong with the server and needs help. So we went back home instead. Only when we got home and find out the internet is still down...
Actually, email was down on Saturday. Then, internet was down on Sunday as well. It has never been so "bad" before. My hubby therefore wasn't able to help out to solve the issue, I am sure his boss is not going to be too happy about it...
Well, nothing much we can do except going to have dinner! We went to Trattoria Kitchen. I have seen the advertisement on Chinese local newspaper for the special price meal. $25 for 3 dishes is good price for us to try out. The restaurant chain group is actually having promotion, here is the link, click on Passport to view the menu.
Ambiance: Open kitchen and lounge-like. Not like traditional Italian restaurant. There is high bar table in the middle too.
Food: Big portion for the price actually. The soup is not bad but my risotto first dish has not much taste. My main course salmon is not bad either but I had a feeling that it's under cooked but since it's too dark (with the candle light), I wasn't quite sure. My hubby's choice is much better, better risotto and the meat tastes good as well. Dessert is tiramisu and it's one of the best tiramisu I had. Again, portion larger than what I expect and we are both really full after the meal.
Service: Our server is really tall (I know it has nothing to do with service actually). 6"3 maybe? She is attentive and we had no complain about the flow nor her attitude. But the ladies besides our table did complain about slow food.
Overall, we are satisfy. We may go back to try the regular menu as well. Reasonably price that doesn't hurt our wallet too much. Yeah you know, "wallet" is our "biggest concern" these days.
Internet is still dead at night.
The weekend ends after 2 loads of laundry...
![]() |
| Weekend of Mar 28, 09 |

No comments:
Post a Comment