Monday, November 17, 2008

Running week

This is my 3rd entry to the Fall Classic Run.

I was hoping that I can get better result than last year, since it was 10% worse than the first time. I was worrying that this time would be another 10% worse than last year.

But still, I didn't practise too much, just once a week for the last two weeks.

Anyway, I was running with my high school friend. The 5K route is a bit better than last year since there is no more steep uphill near the end of the course. And it's a brilliant Autumn day (cloudy but relatively warm: about 9C) and not much wind. It's definitely a perfect day to run. Yet, at one point I have to "walk" for about 5s instead of running continuously.

I thought I did better this year, only later I found out that I am actually 10 seconds slower. Yeah it's not 10% worse but still not getting any better. Oh well.

More motivation to be on diet and improve my run.

2008 Fall Classic Run
Place overall: 178
Time: 35:38.9

2007 Fall Classic Run
Place overall: 161
Time: 35:28.7

2006 Fall Classic Run
Place overall: 152
Time: 33:16.3

Vancouver Sun Run 2008
Place: 22000
Time: 1:16:06

Vancouver Sun Run 2007
Place: 12023
Time: 1:11:27

No comments: