Friday, August 3, 2007

I've got luck?!

I was lucky enough, to be elected to be part of the jury, for a 80 days criminal case.
Well...I started to get worried...since I heard that company do not pay during those days. There is court fee but it's minimal. So that means...4 months without regular pay? I have no idea how I'm going to survive.

After a bit of asking around, I finally realized that getting the court letter doesn't mean I AM the juror right away. I still need to go through an "interview" from both side of lawyers and the judge. Perhaps I won't get picked by the judge or the lawyers. Another things is, the employee handbook does state that company will pay full during the jury period. So that's good news.

The court day is early September, we'll see.

Although, being the juror is part of the responsibility of the citizen, I seriously doubt my limited English capability will lead me to wrong judgment. I do hope I won't be that "lucky" again to be picked in that day.

* * * * *

I don't consider myself as a very lucky person. I don't win much lottery nor big prize from any draw.

But my excessive speeding charges do get dropped after two years for no reasons. I considered myself very lucky.

And since then I drive slow every day (ok, almost) and there is one day, that only 1 day that I'm kinda tired and do not pay attention to the speed too much when cruising downhill. Then there comes the police. When I see the police's laser gun pointing at me, I guess it's all OVER. Surprisingly he didn't stop me. There is already another car being pull over so I guess they are too busy to stop me. But if I drove 2 minutes later, I'm sure there is no escape.

So perhaps I do have the luck, who knows?!

When can I get the Lotto 649 or Super 7 jackpot...... :P

1 comment:

Bunny said...

That is very lucky sorta.