Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finally, I exercise.

Sadly, the new running outfit was just sitting in a corner of my office, collecting dust. It's just too hot (I know it can't be compared with Asia but still HOT) to run outside when the sun is highest at noon.

And this BC Day long weekend must have been the hottest time in this summer. Really, I can't sleep without air conditioning. I almost can't sleep with a not so good air conditioning unit. Not to mention in the afternoon, everyone was sweating in my house.

After friend's visit on Sunday afternoon (I do regret that I don't have ice cream prepared but just no time), I decided to do some cleaning.

I used to mop the floor once a month or so, that has been changed to once every 2-3 weeks when my Mom is here, and now it's down to once a week. I simply can't stand the dirt on the floor. Vacuum once a week also becomes a must as baby always walk on the carpet with her bare feet.

When the house cools off a bit at night, I started to quickly vacuum the place. I have to do it quick before baby head to bed. Then, 2 loads of laundry (one for the bathroom rug, and one for my own clothing). After that, bathroom cleaning (basement + powder room). Then off to fold the existing cleaned laundry that scattered along my bed. The clean laundered clothes has already pilled up too much and it becomes a treasure hunt to look for cloth to wear. Last but not least, floor moping so the kitchen floor is once again nice and clean.

After 3 hours, I'm completely soaked with sweat but house is nice and fresh (well, except one place...). And it's almost 3am...

On Monday night, I decided to clean up the remaining spot in my house, my bathroom.
I always wanna put off my bathroom cleaning just because it usually takes good 45 minutes to an hour to do so. I'm not just talking about the toilet. To completely clean my bathroom I mean the sink, toilet, bath tub and the most time consuming job, the countertop. I guess I have too many things sitting on my bathroom counter: a small rack for my hair accessories/brush/comb/hair dryer etc., tooth brush, a container for rinse cup (just to avoid bugs crawling along my rinsing cup), a few bottles of different lotion/cream and shampoo. And just to clean the tooth brush base (I'm using electronic tooth brush) takes long time, as there usually contains water dirt in the base area and it's hard to clean between the small gap. Since it's such a "big job", I don't clean the countertop that often. Usually to a point that I can't really stand the dust accumulated...

And 2 more loads of laundry (1 baby's clothing and 1 dark colour clothes) marks the completion of my house cleaning journey of the week.

I am hoping to burn all the calories from the nice food I had during weekend...who says housework is not a type of exercise?

No comments: