Friday: Friend's birthday dinner
Saturday: attend friend's wedding ceremony in the afternoon, then went to try out Starry Light Restaurant for the first time, then went to watch firework.
Sunday: Whistler (will post picture later)
Monday: Went to work and then after getting off work, go to Canlis Restaurant in Seattle for dinner! Besides food, I LOVE the ladies' washroom there!
Aug 6-9
Oregon Trip
Aug 14 Saturday
Went to Seattle to visit friend's new born baby boy. He's now 6 months old and just so cute and well behaved! :) No crying, and actually LAUGH a lot! Had a great Thai dinner.
Aug 15 Sunday
Had dim sum lunch with friend then accompany her for her wedding photo shoot dress trial. Basically help her out in picking wedding gown for her photo session.
Week of Aug 15-21 - dim sum week
Dim sum on Aug 15 - 金如意 (as mentioned above), then Aug 16 - 新庸記, as well as Aug 20 - 順鋒!
Aug 18
My friend's birthday dinner @ Guu gastown. It's Lady's Night since all girls this time, 5 of us. Haven't been to gas town for long time. After dinner we took some night shot in gastown. And when we started to go home...guess what, my friend's car goes out of battery...so I have to call my private BCAA (aka my hubby) to come for help...by the time we went home already mid-night.
Gastown @ night
Gastown is a famous tourist spot and even though it's close to 11pm at night, there are still a few people taking night shots with this steam clock.
Aug 21 Saturday
Company Picnic @ Stanley Park.
Haven't been to company picnic a few years already. There is door prize this time. And the grand prize is a netbook! WOW! it's very surprising. Never see door prize for company picnic. But no I didn't get that. The other prize is nice too, a set of Magic Bullet. There is also magic show (more for the kid) but I do enjoy it. Too bad there is construction going on so the view to the beach is blocked. Otherwise it's perfect!
Aug 22 Sunday
Had afternoon tea in Hotel Vancouver (to use my groupon). They have an interesting way to charge HST. The $2.16 HST came from the $18 room charge but we actually did not pay any room charge. But the 15% tip amount is of the full price and already added to the bill. Although I would think it doesn't make too much sense to charge 15% tip for serving two people, it's ok since the tax is lower amount than I expected. Then I spend the night mostly on making card. I had a hard time trying to make masculine card.
1 comment:
Me envy.... so many outings and short trips.
Yeah. I was surprised that we have door prizes!
Maybe you need henry's input on masculine card idea.
Post a Comment