Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Holiday

It doesn't take too long for a long holiday to come to an end...

Friday: my first and ever card sale. Sold two cards to the host of the card making gathering last week (the two cards from last post). And play MJ with her hubby and friend. I do expect lost so it's no surprise. Then, head out for dinner with friends. Trying out a new all you can eat hotpot restaurant on Victoria and 35th Ave. Free scallop with shell per person. However, selection is a bit less the the one we went in Richmond (KK Dollar Hotpot) and only one pot for the whole table. Near the end of the meal (we are allocated two-hour time slot), I received a call from the alarm company, that the alarm in my house actually went off. I'm almost certain that it's because of the high wind since the only zone went off is Basement Motion. How can one get into the house without breaking the window or door (i.e. setting off the window or door)? Still, I head home right away. Surprisingly the alarm is still on. And I'm right, it's because of the power outage a while ago. I can see the microwave clock display flashes. Since I am usually not home 8pm on Friday night, I am glad to be able to watch TLC "What Not To Wear" new episode. Just that...almost the end of the show, everything shuts off. A total black out! Yes! Power is down! Quickly search all the torch and some without battery. OK...got two so we are not in complete darkness. And what to do around 10pm without power? Nothing much we can do except take a shower and go to bed early...just that not too long after I went to bed, power comes back. I gotta wait for the washing machine to finish its cycle, and also wait for the drying machine to complete. Ah...sleep late again. I guess I should not complain that power does come back in 2.5 hours. But got no luck with TV and internet.

Saturday: Heading south to go shopping, since our dollar is almost if not on par. Took off around 2pm and the line up is 2 hours! Luckily I got Nexus card so we skip the lineup. Otherwise it's no way to go there...Went to Exit 229 outlet, then Michaels, and then craft mart in exit 199. First time there as it's mentioned by people online. There are indeed lots of scrapbooking supplies. Lots of new HA stamps, ink and paper stocks. And to my surprise, I found Magnolia stamp! I always wanted one but hesitate to shop online. So...my piggy bank is totally broken. And now I am missing a copic marker to colour the stamp...oh well. After that, we head to Bellevue Square, shop a bit until we had dinner in Ruth Chris Steak House. Glad that they are serving special 3-course menu for $39.99. Great portion (actually a bit too much for me) and steak is really good! Regular price is about $3x for a steak! I'm really satisfied with the meal. Pictures are here. We got home around midnight. Phew~ Internet and TV both came back alive.

Sunday: going to Autoshow with friend. It's the "half price day". After that had dinner with the in-law family.

Check out the autoshow pictures here.

Monday: planned to stay home but do go out and shop a bit. Also went back to work for 2 hours. And darn! Miss the first half the special two-hour "24" episode again!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Woww.... glad u enjoyed your holiday.

2.5 hrs of forced earth hr... hahaa

2 hr of lineup is not too bad considering our dollar is doing so good and it's a long weekend.