Actually I didn't plan to go else where before my HK trip. This year Chinese New Year falls in the end of January and I'm going back to Hong Kong a bit earlier than usual.
Asking time off work again right before my mid-Jan vacation doesn't sound that good.
Still, I did it. The deal is too tempting.
Since I have subscribed to a few email list to Vegas hotel, I often received some sweet deals from Vegas. You may wonder what to do in Vegas especially I don't gamble. Simply, I'd like to indulge myself in the luxury of 6-star hotel, gorgeous meal (buffet), and fantastic show, in a relatively reasonable price.
In the 2007 X'mas, we went there during x'mas time: stay 4 days in Mandalay Bay and 1 day in Wynn (to try out the top of the line hotel).
This year, to my surprise, in early December, I got email from Wynn to announce the grand opening of its sister hotel, Encore. And I was given THREE complimentary nights (in mid-week, or $119 in weekends) with $150 dining credits, throughout January.
WOW, such a sweet deal. Given that Wynn is such a nice hotel and the service is excellent, I had no doubt of the same quality of its counterpart.
The next thing to worry is about the vacation request and the flight ticket price.
To me, I work on the weekend instead, not too much a problem with me (except I feel a bit bad to take time off before my vacation in 2 weeks). But to my hubby, taking time off is not as an easy process especially to an workaholic. In the end, we took 2 days off to enjoy 2 nights in Vegas instead of taking advantage of the whole 3 comp nights. Anyway, it's already good enough to me.
Looking for flight deal isn't easy either. Flying from local airport is always good but isn't always cheap. I was searching different airline companies and charter flights. Still, we still end up flying from Seattle. Price-wise it's not much difference but flight schedule time is better. The sale seats from the local flights are gone, only seats left are night flight.
Still worrying about the snow, because it was still lingering two days ago. Also need to check the weather forecast of the Seattle area. Anyway, we were blessed that we finally safely arrived at Vegas despite the snowy weather condition.
We got the top floor panoramic view room again, overlooking the strip through the "dirty" window. Still, I enjoy everything in the room. It's so comfy.
My hubby brought the tripod there hoping to take some night shots. Too bad, the tripod got broken so we ended up not having too many night shots, oh well.
It's a truly relax getaway before our next family-visit trip.
|
| ||||
|



4 comments:
So many vacations.... me envy.
You know so many good deals.... maybe u can become a part-time travel agent or travel adviser.... hahaa
haha yeah...let me know if you want to go to Vegas. I'm sure I'll look into some good deals for you.
any good site recommendations? im thinking of heading there sometime too
Hi Yoeshi, this is a good site for all the sweet travel deals: http://ca.travelzoo.com/
I also subscribe to the individual hotel email list: Wynn, Ballegio, Venetian, Monte Carlo, MGM Grand, Treasure Island, Mirage, Mandalay Bay etc...
Once you do that they just keep emailing you some promotions. The recent one I got is $65/night @ Mandalay Bay.
And if you do go there, I would totally recommand sign up for the slot club card, even though you don't plan to gamble. Some promotions are "members" only. For flight, if you don't mind driving, departing from Seattle will save you some $.
Hope it helps.
Post a Comment