Thursday, December 6, 2007

Time flies...

It's not my intention to not even post one single blog for 3 months.

It's either life goes too plain and not much to talk about, or too many things to talk about which I got so little time left for writing. It's the later case.

Now let's try a quick recall/recap...

Halloween
This is the first Halloween that I have ever considered dress up myself. Of course, there must be some incentive. Whoever gets the best costume within the company will get a ticket to Beckham's soccer game! Being a fan of soccer game (who grew up in HK is not interested in soccer game?) and of course, a fan of the superstar Beckham, I definitely don't want to miss the opportunity of going to the live game FREE!

On the night before, I bought a set of costume from Save On Food. It's not easy to find something that fit (you know, I don't want to dress up as a sexy French maid to work). I decided to choose a witch outfit. It includes a black dress, hat and a belt. The dress fits surpringly well (i.e. the dress that could hide my excess fat! haha)
Although, in the end, I didn't get the best costume award, nor the draw for the ticket, I still feel glad with my first attempt to dress up myself during halloween. I'm feeling more into the local culture now.

Soccer game
I have mentioned that I didn't get the draw for the ticket, nor the prize so I was thinking I won't be able to go to my first live soccer game. But every cloud has a silver lining! I finally got a ticket from a coworker. Beckham is playing in a LA team against the Vancouver team. I doubt myself should I cheer for the Vancouver team or the Beckham team? I bet the 48000 crowd in BC place mostly (if not all) come for Beckham. However, Vancouver team do get a lot of applaude when they are attacking. My seat is not particularly close so most of the time I rely on the binoculars for close shot of Beckham. He did play more than half of the game and I guess that's all mattters, not the final 0-0 score.

Level up!
Basically I do not like to introduce any big changes to my life. Whatever I am comfortable with, I'd like to stay where I am. I don't even want to upgrade my computer if I don't absolutely need to. Why do I need to get used to new interface and the new feature that I don't ask for? The newer the better? Maybe, but I hate the hassle of adjusting to new settings.

Anyway, after all these years riding on a flat roadway, I finally reach a mountain range. Due to the organizational change and resignation of my supervisor, I got promoted to the management role. If you asked me, I may prefer to stay where I am. But anyway, I guess I just need to try my best. There are already a few issues during the transition period, some misunderstanding that I found kind of upset. Just hope for the best in next year then. I need some luck. And some courage.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Such a long .... post.

"who grew up in HK is not interested in soccer game?". That'd be me.

Petti said...

Well...long post but that captures 3 months of event...