Beautiful Wedding
June 30
This is in fact the first outdoor wedding that I attended over the past few years.
It took place in the London Heritage Farm in Richmond.
Not many people knew this place, though. This is a nice place with an heritage house and a small garden. How do I know? I have been there for the company picnic before.
It was raining very heavily the past few days and I started to worry for the bride and groom. But luckily, the sun decided to come out on the actual wedding day.
The bride and groom are very considerate, they provide umbrella for the guests as well.
The wedding ceremony took place in front of the gazebo, there are tent set up with platters and a few picnic style table set up as well.
Outdoor wedding is indeed pretty. But with the guests, we need to put up the umbrella when the sun gets too strong. It may not look too nice in the wedding pictures then.
The buffet style wedding banquet took place in the Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club.
Lots of food! Beautiful decoration of the hall, fish bowl as center piece and it's the first wedding I attend that the couple make the donation instead of buying the wedding favour.
Oregon again
July 1-2
This is our 2nd trip to Oregon this year.
Things wroth to mention:
We stayed in Comfort Inn, instead of Holiday Inn Express this time because of its location. It's half way between downtown and the factory outlet. Holiday Inn Express is a bit far from the outlet.
However, it turns out to be a "mistake".
First of all, the hotel is a bit old and outdated.
OK...I don't mind staying in 3-star hotel. But if I have a choice, I'd prefer staying in a newer hotel.
Then after I flip over the blanket...I found BLOOD STAIN on the bedsheet.
I quickly called the front desk and got another set.
But I still feel gross and didn't sleep well. :(
The next day we went shopping in downtown Portland and the outlet.
We decided to leave Oregon after dinner and we thought that by the time we come back to Vancouver, the lineup should be all clear.
It turns out that it's a "mistake" again.
We left Oregon at 6:30 and it's around 11:15 that we are close to the border. There is the line up, THREE MILES before the border.
People started using the shoulder lane as a "passing lane".
If there is no road construction close to the Truck Crossing, I think we can get home an hour earlier. Because of the road construction, there's only 1 lane to the custom and all the trucks block that lane. After the construction area, there is actually NO ONE waiting at the custom booth. And it's 2am we passed through the border.
Got home at 3:30am.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I prefer indoor wedding, less hot.
Post a Comment